Bird watching and Coquina Beach Market (Sundays)

Royal Tern
 



I'm hanging out with the Royal Terns. I watched a pair beak-clack and then walk in circles. I think perhaps a male was giving a female food as part of the mating behavior. Here is their sound.


 Royal tern meeting. Anna Maria, at the northern tip of the island.




 Juvenile cormorant lets me take its photograph.
 
Osprey
  

I took this photo of an osprey perched on one of the beach volleyball posts while visiting the Coquina Beach Market (10:00 AM until 4 PM, SUNDAYS).  By the way, this is a fun market - veggies and fruits, jewelry, art, photos, and even someone from Milan who sells Italian pasta and sauces.

We have several resident osprey in Wildewood Springs. They perch high in the Norfolk pines or on tall trees lining the edge of the pond.