Birds continue celebrating their feast at the big pond


Fishing and feasting continue near the big pond. Great Egret catches a fish. The juvenile Bald Eagle causes a ruckus when it takes flight.






Hooded Merganser, female. This is my first sighting. I was so excited that my photos are blurred. Look at that "hairdo!"



Black Crowned Night Heron. Hanging out with a juvenile Little Blue Heron.





Little Blue Heron





Spoonbill Roseate satiated and happily resting.



Glossy Ibis soaring.







Anhinga



Cormorant




Brown Pelicans and a Cormorant snuggled in the grass.



Blue Heron and Great Egret pass each other.



The magnificent Blue Heron


Better photos of the Shoveler Duck. Now we can see its bill and how fitting a name for this beauty
.

Caspian Tern, diving and flying, again and again.


Red-Shouldered Hawk


The elusive Pied-Bill Grebe. Why do I say elusive? The minute it sensed my presence, and I was not close, there Grebe goes!




Turkey Vulture (redhead) and Black Vulture. We are so fortunate for these playful birds because their diet is carrion. What an amazing clean up of the pond edge from these incredible birds.










I'm a frequent visitor to Save Our Birds—and the Vulture is one of my favorite birds to visit. I think their personality is a little goofy. So they keep our neighborhood clean. And if you visited the pond yesterday, the fish kill had a strong odor. Well, the odor was not noticeable today. And very few dead fish are visible now. Also, did you see them playing in the wind? As the front approached, they were soaring. 

Palm Warbler (in the bushes near the pond)



Sun setting on a Snowy Egret.



Walking home into a colorful sunset.



A wonderful part of these events is meeting new neighbor birders, and reacquainting with others. I'm so grateful to share the joy with them, starting with Faith who sends me an email as soon as she sees interesting activity on the big pond, and Barb, Beth, Claire, John, John, Yvonne, and Fran.

12/1/18