Hurricane Idalia, 8/30/23

 

    Hurricane Idalia, effects. August 30, 2023

Hurricane Idalia swept the Gulf Coast, its strongest winds offshore. Light debris covers many roads in Wildewood. This will be an easy clean-up for our area. For those north of us, there is a lot of damage.

Look for more photos on the Wildewood Wonders Facebook page.

I lived for 20-some years on LBK. A no-name storm on the same track as Idaila brought flood waters up into the yard and far too close to our home. Then I lived two years on the tip of Anna Maria Island. Twice, about a foot of water came into our home. I'd lift furniture up on cedar blocks. I no longer live on the island!

Good news! I did a litter clean-up along 34th Street. I noticed the handrail adjacent to the Lakeview property was repaired (from Hurricane Ian, a suspected tornado that also took the roof off a Lakeview building)!