Barred Owl in the pond?

Barred Owl standing on the edge of the pond, photograph by Barb Reis

In a post about recent owl sightings was this photo of a Barred Owl peeking through the flora. Well, that owl was standing in the pond. My Barred Owl gazing view is usually upward in a slow scan of Slash Pines and Oak trees. I hadn't thought to look for owls in the shallow areas of the pond! Barb Reis shared a video of her pond sighting:

With that information, I now check the edge of the pond. On 3 occasions, oh my goodness - there owl is! 


A crummy iPhone photo, but can you find the Barred Owl?

NOTE: 

In July, Blogger will eliminate the widget that allows automatic sending of Wildewood Wonder posts to those who have signed up by email. To receive notification of posts in the future, send your email address to me at barrettsmb@gmail.com. And/or, visit and "like" the newly created FaceBook page Wildewood Wonders. It's HERE.