A Great Egret relaxation suggestion


Great Egret, 5.14.22

Like many of you probably, I have a meditation practice to relax my body and mind. Inspired by this Great Egret, we can shake our arms and upper body as a way to begin. Shaking helps release physical tension and gives our nervous system some regulation support. 

Egret's shaking was part of a soak and dip in the pond. The first photo looks like Egret is getting used to the water on its body.



There's something about watching birds that invites forgetting everything except the bird in front of me. After being with the entire soak, dip, and shake, I felt my breath slowing and intuitively looked up. I saw a Magnificent (female) Frigate! 


This is hardly a fair photo to see why magnificent is part of the Frigate's name. Learn more about this huge bird that spends most of its life aloft at Cornell's All About Birds.