First photo of a hummingbird in Wildewood

 


Hummingbird, Orchid Tree by the lap pool. March 27, 2023

I see hummingbirds often in the neighborhood during the weeks they migrate north and south. Usually I see them on tubular-shaped blooms of Salvias. Or on the red-colored Coral Bean. Hummingbirds are precious to me. Here is a remembrance.

This morning I paused to look up at the vast blue sky and saw a Ruby-throated Hummingbird enjoying the nectar of a Pink Orchid Tree! Where's the red color? Well, light affects color, and red is not visible in these photos. 


I took the following photos of a Ruby-throated Hummingbird in Highlands, North Carolina. 







We also saw a pair of White Squirrels while visiting North Carolina. Here is one.


Here in Wildewood, it was a challenge locating the hummingbird on the Orchid Tree. Can you find it in this photo?


In Wildewood, we have rules about not feeding birds. We have an abundance of blooms and therefore natural "bird food" for birds.